Saturday, April 1, 2017

AN EASTER TREAT FOR SOMEBUNNY SWEET

With Easter only a couple of short weeks away, I wanted to make a cute Easter project for my daughter using the Basket Bunch stamp set. I travel two and a half hours once a month to stay with her while I teach classes.  So this will be hand delivered just in time for Easter!


One of my passions, besides stamping of course, is colouring and this super cute stamp set is full of line art images to satisfy that need.  I stamped a heap of Easter Egg images and the cute little Bunny Rabbit on Shimmery White card in Archival Black ink.  Shimmery White card is perfect for colouring on, particularly if you want to watercolour your images without the texture of watercolor paper, as it can stand up to a fair amount of moisture without pilling.  I used the Watercolor Pencils to colour my images and then blended the colours using a Blender Pen to create the shade and fade on each image.  I die cut all the images with my Big Shot and Magnetic Plate using the coordinating Basket Builder Framelits.  Stampin' Up! have bundled together the stamps and dies saving you 10% on your purchase of these great products!  I love a bargain!


I added a strip of designer paper from the Pop of Pink DSP pack.   I love the stark contrast of the black and white zig zag design against all the white.  Colour was added to my background using Sponge Daubers, Sahara Sand and Soft Sky ink. I popped the die cut easter images up with Dimensionals and the whole piece was finished with the gorgeous gold 1/8" ribbon.  I  love to carry themes to the inside of my cards as well.


No Easter card is complete without the chocolate to go with it and I wanted to create my own packaging to tie the whole gift together.  I don't often make 3D items and it can be a bit of a trial for me!  I found these cute little chocolate bunnies and wanted to make a simple crate to put them in, with a Window Sheet sleeve to slide over the top so you could still see the Bunnies.


I designed a template for my crate and used the Stampin' Trimmer to cut and score my Sahara Sand card.  I stamped the card in Sahara Sand ink using the Hardwood stamp to get a woodgrain effect on the crate. Then I discovered a wee bit of a problem - my crate template was too big to go through the Big Shot no matter which way I turned it!  I fixed that by folding one side of the crate and used that edge as a guide for my square Stitched Shapes framelit so I didn't cut too low down the front of the crate.   I used the same design elements from the card to decorate the box sleeve, adding just a few strands of Melon Mambo Thick Bakers Twine as well and used the Tags & Labels framelit dies to die cut the tag topper.  Here are a few photo's of the process I have described in this post which I hope you find helpful.


So if YOU are looking for an Easter Treat for somebunny sweet - you can't go past Basket Bunch.

Paula Dobson
Artisan Design Team 2017


All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. P;aula I am loving everything you are creating! This is just super cute anda your light touch on the back ground is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim. I may have to start calling you my no.1 fan lol. You are sweet xox

      Delete
    2. lol I have been called worse :o hahaha
      P.S sorry for typos...above

      Delete
  2. Your watercoloring is so beautiful. i wish I could color like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula this is adorable, love your sponging - super cute. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥